Our Finds For the Day

We started our day going to Target and wandered through the dollar section. I was thrilled to find all of this! (I apologize for my pictures- I have yet to master this new camera)




What we got was:

2 packages (in zippper pouch) of Foam Shape Counters-these will be great for counting, shape recognition, and much more. These were found in the dollar section so $2.00 total for those.

1 package of Animal Sounds Cards ( that is what the picture of the Alligator is)- these were also $1.00.

1 package of Counting Puzzles Cards (this comes with two sets of puzzle cards)- one set of puzzles is items to count and the bottom set has just the dots. This also was just $1.00 and the fact you get two sets is just a steal!

1 package Alphabet Puzzle Cards- Again only $1.00!

1 package Animal Movement Cards- You guessed it $1.00!

1 Set of Dinosaur Facts Cards- Yep $1.00. I got this Before I got the great find on the Dinosaurs pictured.

1 set of Animal Family Card Sort- Again $1.00!

1 set of Adding Fast Card Sort- $1.00

5- good sized (kinda squishy) dinosaurs- these are going to go perfect with the cards that we got. These were marked down to .89. Honestly, I can't believe my luck on those. I was looking at the slim pickins for toy sales and a worker walked up and tossed a box full of these right up on the shelf.

Our total at Target- $14.52


We then stopped by our local thrift store, I am collecting items to use for Montessori stuff we will be doing.

This is what we found ( I forgot to add the 4 small glass containers with lids that we got for 50 cents a piece)



My favorite is the wooden tray in front. The glass dome comes off leaving a ceramic base for a possible counting activity. I also loved the two nursery rhyme pillows ( these pillows go nicely with what we got in the mail today, again the mail was checked AFTER we got home).

 The seashell wooden bowl and the pitcher cup set will add to our activities!


 The white thing is a pillow that I plan on making a craft from. I am thinking of making a simple pillowcase for a  themed activity. I got two of the pillows. The two games I got just because but might be fun since we do still have a VCR.
 Next to the basket is a Monkey Set of Curtains. I think the little one will love having these put up, especially since he loves monkeys. The package in the back is 2 things of green foam and white batting that I am going to use in a project.
Ane here is another favorite- this set of wooden decoration utensils will be fun to play with. I do have to remove the eye-screws but I think it will be a wonderful addition to our units.

Our Total at the thrift store: $12.00

No comments:

Post a Comment