A Few Thrift Store Finds That Made GREAT X-Mas Presents!!

Since this was "Cheeky Monkey's" First REAL Christmas, I was hoping to make it extra special. I had been picking up items for the other kids all summer (more on the stuff they got in a later post) but "Cheeky" was a bit harder for me.


You would think that I am insane, finding it hard to shop for a 13-month old. Well, I went to a few thrift stores trying to find some last minute decorating and gift items. And here is what I did find, trust me when I say I about feel over dead on this trip.


The first item I got is something I actually considered breaking down and buying off Ebay- that is until I saw it hiding amongst the bottom shelf, in all its pink glory. He he is, let me introduce.....


Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Learning Piggy Bank


 He still hasn't quite grasped the concept of this little piggy, but "Cheeky" loves to take the coins out and put them back in.


Now this Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Learning Piggy Bank retails for at least $15.00. I got this beauty for $1.50. He is complete too, so this would have been a good day all on its own just to find this. BUT I also found the Fisher-Price Peek A Blocks Sing and Sounds Farm (seen in the pictures above)~


I am unsure as to how much the Sing and Sounds Farm goes for, but I payed $1.25 for it. It didn't come with any blocks, we have a bunch at home.


The next thing he got was Vtech - Catch-Me-Kitty.  Which is totally adorable!! This was a gift from Grandma and Auntie Kathy. I am pretty sure they payed full price at the store for this. Oh, if they only knew that I got all my stuff at thrift stores and garage sales!


Anyway the Catch-Me-Kitty by VTech invites your baby to a game of chase through sounds and movement and also teaches while your little one is on the move




Cute kitten rolls for chasing play


Sensor on kitten's back knows when child follows behind


Three shape buttons introduce curriculum


Develops motor skills and teaches shapes

Now, the next thing he got I did pick up at a garage sale for I think $3.00. It is the Fisher Price Roll A Round.  He loves playing with this. Again, not sure what this actually retails for and we had a few roll-a-rounds that came with it too.










The last thing is what I think was my best find, if you can believe that. This was a bit pricey for me.  I have NO CLUE what these retail for so if anyone knows PLEASE let me know.  I purchased it for $9.99.  Here it is!!!!















Can you tell it is past his bedtime. He fell asleep shortly after this picture was taken!

1 comment:

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

I bought my Ryker that same piggy bank. I see them all the time at GW but they are usually missing the coins. I have ten but one of the big coins is a repeat (two big yellow and missing a big blue) but thats ok. I also had the farm at one time and the dinosaur but sold them on ebay. You got some good deals.

Post a Comment