Our Quick Trip To The Store & Interesting DEAL!

Yesterday, I went to our local Rainbow Foods Grocery Store only to make sure that the Catalina deal was actually working. It did so the $4.00 off the first order was from that Catalina.

Now fast forward to today when I went back. Realize that I did each order separate, and when I say separate that means I walked out to the car and back in after each transaction. I personally hate doing a bunch of separate transactions, which does hold up the line. I hate to make others wait so I never, ever do separate transactions going through the line once.

Here is how it went (until I got spooked, LOL)



Here is a picture of everything I got.

3 Gallons of Milk $1.99 each (these are staying this price until further notice-at least that is what the sign said)

1 Can Folgers Coffee (this is a MUST have for me) $6.98


2 bags Frozen Corn $1.00 each


5 Packages of Oscar Mayer Bologna & Salami $1.00 each




The receipt is for the first transaction - Total $15.95 Saved $16.54





Second Transaction  (receipt on the right)
5 Packages of Oscar Mayer Bologna & Salami $1.00 each
1 Jar Peanut Butter  $8.59 (Insane the price hike of Peanut Butter)
Total $9.59  Saved $10.95


Third Transaction
 1 loaf White Bread $0.79
5 Packages of Oscar Mayer Bologna & Salami $1.00 each
Total $1.79 Saved $10.95






Don't ask me where that 4th receipt came from because it should not be in the picture, LOL.

Here is the deal that occurred: Rainbow has a sale on Oscar Mayer Bologna or Salami for $1.00 each- IF you buy 5, you receive a Catalina for $4.00 off your next purchase. So in the end you get 5 packages for only $1.00!!!!

Now, why did I get spooked?  you might be wondering- the cashier on the 3rd transaction thought something was up, when the total went to $1.79. He then really got the clue, when the Catalina spit out. This particular cashier I have talked to before on other deals. He ends up calling his mother right after, so she can snag these deals.

As strange as it sounds I actually got embarrassed and decided to call it quits, knowing he was chomping at the bit to call his mother.

I WILL be going back tomorrow, as Sunday starts a new week of deals at Rainbow and this SWEET deal will come to an end.

I would like to mention that the Oscar Mayer Lunch Meat freezes well, so none of these will go to waste.

Please share if you have any great savings stories. I love reading how other people save and get the "biggest bang for their buck"







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy moly!!! Nice deals! I hear ya on the peanut butter...it's making me batty.

I know what you mean as far as starting to get a little "spooked." I think it's because we're viewed so suspiciously and shady if we get great deals...and I blame Extreme Couponing!

Kristin said...

Oops. My mouse finger went a little haywire...but it's me, your friendly fellow ("spooked") deal-getter.

Kristin

Unknown said...

That is exactly whom I place blame with too!

I did begin to feel really guilty on Saturday though, it was the last day they were having the 10/$10 deal... I ended up with 25 more packages for a total of $5.00 and a $4.00 off my next orfer coupon. I called it quits because I ran out of cashiers that I had not gone through their line, LOL

Thank you for commenting- I am SO GLAD I am not the only one that feels this way.

Post a Comment