REVIEW: Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Womens SEXY Miss Riding Hood Costume


Photobucket

This is definitely not the innocent character from any fairytale I remember reading. My husband I am sure had this very image in mind, anytime he read the story.

This costume is one of many available at Sexy Costume Discounters, it was hard to choose only one costume from the website to review, due to all the options they have. 




Photobucket

Now, I know I looked carefully at the size charts that accompany each of the costumes listing information. I chose a small, which was well within my size limits. After taking the outfit from the package, I quickly became aware that this costume was going to become x-rated if I chose to take pictures.

We decided that I would have my daughter model the costume. I am going to advise that if you choose to purchase a costume that you should think about going up to the next size. As I stated, the costume ran small to my size. This is not a problem for me, as I can still wear it behind closed doors, but probably not in public in this size.




Photobucket




The cute checkered costume fit my daughter perfectly. {She is 5'5 and  under the 125 pounds, that this outfit had for size restrictions} Actually, I think she is going to be taking it for her Halloween Costume this year. The costume itself comes in a plastic resealable bag, this helps in keeping the costume and the accessories easily contained in one spot.
                                           


Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

This costume includes a one-piece woven {corset style} red and white checkered dress with attached apron, as well as a crinoline and red mini-cape with a hood. The crinoline, or stiff lacy petticoat, is a fun addition to making the bottom of the dress look fuller. 

We added our own basket on a whim. A basket could easily be added to this costume, all you would need to make it more authentic would be a handkerchief or basket liner {preferably in red, white, or checkered}, some ribbon to embellish it. The basket could then be used to hand out candy or collect candy, a winning addition to this outfit if you ask me. 

You could also add some white or red stockings, and some heels to make this costume the sexiest thing ever to walk into the woods! {Just not with my daughter- give her some tights or leggings, and some cute shoes to make this fairy-tale character come to life}
  
These accessories can also be bought within website. The care instructions are very easy: Machine wash on the delicate cycle, in cold water. You can tumble-dry on low. If wrinkling becomes a problem, you can use a cool iron to fix it. Please do not use bleach on any of the costume pieces, this may cause damage or discoloration. 

This costume is made of 65% cotton and 35% Polyester, this does make the costume feel stiff and crisp. In my experience,with washing and wear this usually lessens.

The cape is thin and lightweight, this is nice as it does not interfere with moving around. 

Photobucket
Photobucket



Photobucket

The little red cape ended up being my favorite piece of the costume, as it can be added to different costumes for the kids. “Cheeky” tried it on and had a ball with it, now give him a red pitchfork, he is ready to get some sweets!



Photobucket

There are many costumes available in many categories. For example; Cheerleaders, Butterflies, Animals, and so many more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute!

Amber Trievel said...

great review! (and adorable pictures!) I absolutely love all of your attention to detail. Nice to know everything before making a purchase! I will definitely have to check this out!

Post a Comment