Island Dreams- A Motivational Photography Book By Suzy Liebermann { #Bookreview }

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.



Are you looking for daily inspiration that inspires and motivates you? Looking for a little pick-me-up to help you finish out your day? Or looking for some relaxing photography to submerge yourself in before heading off to bed?
 
Then Island Dreams by Suzy Liebermann might be the book you are looking for.
 
 
I had the unique opportunity to review Island Dreams- A Motivational Photography Book, in exchange for the review I am able to bring you my personal experience.



Suzy Liebermann was able to take simple quotes full of encouragement heartfelt thoughts and paired them with amazing snapshots of breathtaking scenes. Island Dreams offers the reader a serene and inspiring place to dwell within each page. The reader is able to focus their attention on beautiful tranquil water scenes, abandoned quiet shipwrecks, calming sunsets and more, as they ponder of the corresponding quote or idea.
 
I found myself easily relaxing at the turn of each page, imagining myself being transported into each photograph. Each quote or inspirational saying had its own depth. The meaning of depth to me, is that it could be applied in many different aspects of my own life and others. While I was able to easily read through the book in its entirety in less than 15 minutes. I plan on taking one saying or quote and photograph each day, using it as my mantra or focus for the day.
 
For example, one of my favorite sayings was: {The corresponding picture is of a shipwreck, laying on its side, along some rock. This ship is half submerged, weathered, wave-beaten, riddled with holes of various sizes-but the water is crystal clear bluish-green, bright blue sky filtered with a few white whispery clouds}

" An honest mistake is the first step towards a lesson learned--move on and do it better next time"
 
 
I wish I could show you the picture instead of trying to describe it- I truly cannot give the photograph the justice it deserves. This is one of my favorites because it is an inspiring way to look at my mistakes in life. I am very hard on myself in general when I make daily mistakes, so this really hit me at my core.
 
The photograph is what brought me to the point of truly understanding what this statement was really saying. I saw myself as this broken vessel of a ship, but I then saw the beauty behind it. Imagine that this was a possible mistake of a captain, crew, or ship builder. It could have caused secondary problems for family, business, etc. But now look at the beauty it has left behind, the lesson and inspiration that it has brought just one person. And now I am sharing it with you-this lonely shipwreck might be a result of one person's mistake, but it is now a visual reminder of a lesson to be learned.
 
I would recommend this book to anyone that would like to have motivation in its simplest form. Those that love photography would also enjoy escaping into the photographs provided. It is not a long {18 pages}, in-depth version so its greatest appeal is for those that don't want all the "extras".
 
If you want to seek more information on Island Dreams, you can simply find it on Amazon or purchase it for your Kindle for $5.99. While you are looking on Amazon be sure to read other opinions of this inspiration find.
 
Suzy Liebermann is also the author of a line of children's books {including bilingual versions} which you can see by visiting here. As well as a couple more motivational photography books.
 
 
 
 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

**Our Wolves Den is an affiliate for one or more of the products listed or banners seen throughout this site. When a product review is written I have either received the product free for compensation for writing the post & reviewing the product, or I received compensation in monetary form for the post. Regardless of that fact Our Wolves Den genuinely expresses our OWN opinions 100% and may differ from your own.

**Our Wolves Den is disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” **

2 comments:

serena said...

After this winter, this book is making me super jealous.

Shanna M said...

I would love to go to places like that. The idea of looking at peaceful pictures before bed sounds like a fantastic idea.

Post a Comment