BAD Business Practices!!!!!

I need to vent here a little bit. Here is the backstory. I had a bill due so I thought I would go ahead and get a money order (MoneyGram) and mail it out before the due date. I personally handed it to the mail carrier and off she went.

ONLY to find out that my phone service was being cut off and internet went down for a day! Why? Because they didn't get the payment and decided that a late notice would have been inconvient for them. If they would have let me know somehow that the payment was not recieved I would have dealt with it before we lost service!!!!

The kicker in that one is that I overpaid by $20.00. Okay, so I am a bit upset at that. But here is what I am really upset about. I had to pay a reconnection fee of 45.00!! And again this is not what has set this post off. Wait for it.......

I decided because I have the stub from it I would go ahead and ask for it to be refunded! I call the number and it is still out there somewhere so I push the button to hear about the refund process, they direct me to go to their website and print a claim form.

Fine I go there and print it out. As it is printing I see this

A $15.00 F**king processing fee that will be taken from my refund amount. WTF???????

I mean really fine if it were my fault BUT I personally handed it to my mail carrier!!!!!!! So now a $60.00 dollar bill which I tried to pay early with a $80.00 money order has cost me:

Loss of internet for a day and almost lost home phone service (leaves me scrambling to come up with the extra money THAT I do not have!!!)

$1.49 for the Money Order that was lost
$80.00 to repay the bill (the company said that because that it what I sent- that is what i had to pay)
$45.00 reconnection fee
$15.00 F*ing process fee to get it back

I am so upset right now I could about scream. I budget every friggin cent we have and this is just outrageous.

I refuse to do any business with MONEYGRAM ever again. This is the worst thing I ever dealt with. And the damage caused because someone else messed up! I am irrate!!!

Oh wait one more kicker it is based in Minneapolis. Which is 15 minutes from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again WTF?????????

Alright done ranting.

No comments:

Post a Comment