Took Advice About Pinterest and NOW...

it has been two days of "OMG! I need to do this" and "OMG! Why didn't I think of that!". I can now say I am a Pinterest Addict and my hubby thinks I need the 12-step program!

1.  I admit I am powerless over my addiction - that my life has become unmanageable (Pinterest will fix this-have you seen all the DIY and organization ideas!

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than myself could restore me to sanity (uummm, lets just scratch this one because sanity is never gonna happen to me!) (Although Pinterest does seem to bring me maybe a step closer to the elusive sanity ideal?!?)

3. Made a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of God as I understood God. ( Well, not exactly, unless he/she invented the Pinterest website.)

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself ( Nope not really, but I did find some great ideas for making lists on Pinterest. Although I did do a lot of searching but I don't think that is what the statement meant)

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. (Yep, my wrong of not coming up with some of those DIY ideas myself. I could just slap myself, sometimes)

6. I am entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. ( Probably not character becaue I love DIY projects that have a bunch of character and "distressing" is a nice effect on furniture, it gives it that rustic feel)

7. Humbly asked Him to remove my shortcomings (Forgive me that I could not knock two brain cells together and think of some of these ideas on Pinterest) Yep did that!

8. Made a list of all persons I had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all. (Yes, with this great idea for a clipboard on Pinterest- I was able to make a list (consisting of my kids) for breaking their hearts by not being able to create some really cool rooms!)

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. (Honestly, I try not to approach people with saws or other harmful tools, as I am creating their next gift for them)( I apologize for all the crappy gifts given because I couldn't think of what to get you!)

10.  Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it. (Yep, see step 4 and 8)

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out. ( I am now always praying that the project I chose to do will turn out)

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other moms ,crafters,everyone, and to practice these principles in all our affairs. (Yep check- I am telling everyone about Pinterest)

Hello, my name is Danelle and I AM a Pinterest addict. I have a problem and know I should stop BUT look at the cool stuff I found!

This might just be the cake I make for Cheeky Monkey's Birthday.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely profile statement that you made! I like to read those more sometimes than the articles because you get a sense of a person that way. I am in awe of you for being able to do what you do with all those children! I only had one and thought I would not survive. Of course, I was single the whole time until she was a teen so maybe that had alot to do with it! I am a new follower thru GFC and Twitter. I would have followed on FB but last week I did a FB blog hop and somehow FB thought I was spamming so they suspended my FB for 15 days, which is down to 5 now. But, it really ticked me off and I could not get them to answer me. We all agree to these hops when we sign up for them so FB should stay the heck out of our way. I will never do that again, though. I will follow on FB but leave the comment on the person's blog. I have been warning people ever since so they don't get slammed like I did. Please leave me a comment when you come by. That is how I am going to remember to go back and "Like" everyone once the ban is lifted. I will go thru all my comments from the past two weeks and make it up to everyone. I will leave it up to you to either follow me on FB now or wait until I follow you. For now, I am doing GFC and Twitter. Thanks so much for letting me ramble and have a great day!

Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

Katrina said...

Okay, that cake is absolutely the cutest cake ever! I'm a huge fan of Candyland (the mom of nine kids here, so saying I've played that game a few times is an understatement!) and I would LOVE to make this cake. I'm just now getting the hang of Pinterest. It's great.

Love your blog. I'm a new follower.

Katrina

Crayon On My Walls

They All Call Me Mom

Katherines Corner said...

hopped over and so happy I did. I still haven't checked out pintrest. Maybe you just gave me the nudge. Hugs!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

That cake is amazing!

Post a Comment