Our Saturday Garage Sale Field Trip (of sorts)

When I woke up this morning I decided I would try garage sailing one more time. Lately, deals and great finds had been few and far between. I spent more on gas on garage sales and only found a few items worth even posting about. (For example the 50 cent garage sale I posted about here)

I didn't have high expectations on finding anything today, so I loaded up the kids and only had $20.00 to spend. (Yep, our budget is that strapped this month) We only went to four garage sales and here is what we came home with. (We actually had to bungee the trunk to get everything home)

**Excuse our mess, I took these right after we got home. So I could pack away and hide some stuff.**

At the end of the post is what everything cost. All I remember is that the pool was $4.00, the rocking chair was $1.00, and the Radio Flyer Tricycle was $5.00.
 Here is the first picture of train tracks and extras, it came in two boxes. I think these are Geo Trax but I am not sure.
 Here is another picture of the train track stuff.
 And one more of the train stuff. I have now packed this away for "Cheeky Monkey" as a Christmas Gift.

 This is just a bucket of Duplo Legos and a Chalkboard Storage box. I packed the Blocks away for another "Cheeky Monkey" Christmas gift. The Chalkboard box thingy I am sure will be handy around here for many activities.

 This Radio Flyer Tricycle with push handle was never even taken out of the box. I was able to put this away for "Cheeky's" First Birthday on the 7th of next month.
 These are some books I was able to pick up. I love that I was able to find some board books, they have not been easy to find for a decent price.
 More books for our library.
 And more books for our library. The six CD's in front are various learning computer disks. These will be fun for the kids. I couldn't believe that they were put in clear cases.
 I got these Fisher Price Peek Boxes (there are 33 of them) and each one is different. This is also a birthday gift for "Cheeky"
 I picked up the baseball thing for his birthday as well. It didn't come with a ball, but we have plenty at home that will work. Also got Leap Pad in back there. I do have to go on a search for books and cartridges to go with it, but this will be a great thing for the little ones.
 This hippo's for the Peek boxes and also another birthday item for "Cheeky". He not only gets to ride on it- he can clean up those boxes while he goes!
 These are the only good boys clothes I was able to find. Everything I have seen at garage sales or even stores has been really cute girls things! The Monkey costume was something my daughter talked me into, she loves playing dress up with her baby brother!
 Here is my "Cheeky" sitting in his new-found rocking chair we picked up. I think he likes it. I think this will be a perfect reading time chair for him.
 He seems to be doing a bit of "Strike-a-pose" here and I had to share. Now, keep this song going in your head.....

"Strike a pose

Strike a pose

Vogue, vogue, vogue

Vogue, vogue, vogue

Come on, vogue

Let your body move to the music (move to the music)

Hey, hey, hey

Come on, vogue

Let your body go with the flow (go with the flow)

You know you can do it


 This siting chair/stool I picked up because we don't have a stool anymore for the kids. This must be a bit safer than using a chair.
 Same sitting chair/stool

 Some odds and ends. Figures, Animals, a little craft kit, and matchbox cars
 Here is 2 pooh books and an alphabet caterpillar. The caterpillar is for "Cheeky's Birthday. The My little Pony game I picked up because it was cute. It had all its pieces and the playing pieces were cute little ponies, that can double as play items.
Now this isn't the actual picture of the pool we got, we deflated ours to fit it in the car. But this is exactly what we got for the little ones! This is going to be a fun birthday for "Cheeky" because that is when I plan on putting it up for everyone to use.

Total was....$18.00!!! I actually came home with two bucks left in my pocket. Considering that the items I remembered the price for at the beginning of the post totaled $10.00 bucks, means everything else I got cost $8.00!

I’m linking up with Coupon Tipster

5 comments:

BrendaC said...

I love yard sales and Goodwill, I am slowly furnishing a spare bedroom with some fantastic second hand finds. I hopped by to become your newest GFC follower and would love if you dropped by my blog at kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com when you get a chance. Have a fantastic Sunday!

Amy {Coupon Tipster} said...

I think you did awesome! You found some great items - LOVE the train items and Peek-a-blocks. Check back at my blog later today (after 10am EST). I'm doing a link up so you can share your finds with the masses!

Amy
www.coupontipster.com

Mommy Bags said...

Wow you have done well with your garage sale travels.I wish we had more GS in our neck of the woods city living does not make for good GS. Thank you for stopping by my blog and yes it does get better with child proofing...lol

Cheryl@OntheOldPath said...

Wow that is fantastic!! We love garage sales you never know what you'll find. I am a homeschooling mama too and I love it when we find great books. I am following along and hope you'll pop by and follow us too.

Lauren said...

Oh my word!!! I cannot BELIEVE all that was only $18. You could really do well with the trike ALONE on craigslist! Great finds! Sounds like this made up for all of bad weeks you've had!!

Post a Comment