The EBAY Nightmare Files.....

Hmmm which to choose- which  to choose? Aww heck let me start with the most recent three.

Case #1- Buyer gets all this for the whopping price of 14.99 plus 5.?? in shipping. A fully working Palm 71 plus bag, 2 charges, and more. So, you would think great right? NOPE here is what follows..... AFTER 2 weeks of not paying I get a email asking if I could "please cancel the transaction due to THEM having financial difficulties".  I politely accept and open the case, I begin using it again for about two weeks AS they NEVER answer the case. THEN THEY PAY FOR IT!!  OKAY fine, pack it up and get ready to send it.

Now, you would think it was a done deal- you would be wrong....We go through the can you put this packing slip here and address it there crap. I explain he will need to download the manual so that he can learn how to use it.  Then off it goes.... A few days later I get a message saying that the old password is still associated with it... My reply is hit the "reset" button and download the manual (I even offer the sites where I had to do the same)

Next email from them "Where is the "reset" button"? My reply again is download the manual so you can learn how to operate it. But yet tell him how to reset it.

I recieve another email asking how to operate it. At this point I have done all I can do-I told them what to do and where things were, I gave websites for the manual, etc. SO I ignore this message because I am not going to answer what I already have more than once.

Skip ahead to today (this sold on the 27th of last month) and HE opens a case against me stating that I sold an item that was NOT as described

WHAT THE HECK!!??!! Some idiot refuses to download the manual and now I have to pay the price..

Case #2

A set of 7 Junie B. Jones books - These were in excellent condition BUT the buyer decided if you held it up to the light in just a certain way- there were some *gasp* small indentations in some spots of the covers. And the hardcover had a bit of a "bumping" at the top of the spine where there was excess coardboard.

Ack! Are you kidding me? They bid 8.99 and had free shipping. So I told them to send them back AND I LOSE return shipping because that WAS what my store offered.


Case #3

This was for a Fisher Price Tuff Stuff Voice Changer, Tape Recorder with microphone . Sold for 12.50 plus 7.50 shipping. It worked all the way up until it was packed....ANYHOW this is the email I recieved TODAY as well... Remeber I said it was USED I even explained how my sons loved playing with it in the FIRST line of the description!

"I received your tape recorder thinking I was receiving an item in perfect condition. I have a 28 year old special needs adult who I ordered this for. Your store is the only place I could find this at this price. My son has gone through several of these over the years and I was excited to see you had yours listed at such a low price"

FINE WHATEVER- HOW MANY HAS HER SON BROKE??????...... I nicely told her to send it back at another loss because I had yet to change my store policy. I have yet, to hear back from her.


Please tell me I am not the only one that has to deal with these kinds of people..... Let me know so I can feel better.

2 comments:

Karima said...

Hi from your newest follower, saw you on bloghop. I only use ebay rarely, I have had a few people complaining and once had someone not pay because they broke up with their girlfriend! I really dread using ebay. Karima www.karimascrafts.com

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

Hi I was wondering do you do mainly auctions or BIN? I find when i do auctions, I get the most complaints. It seems the cheaper the item, the more complaints. I dont know if you have heard of ebay underground but it is a group of ebay sellers who offer each other support and answer questions. You can find them on proboards

http://ebayunderground.proboards.com/index.cgi

Post a Comment