Tasti-Lee Tomatoes: Healthy, Fresh, & DELISH!

Our family received the 2 packages of Tasti-Lee Tomatoes at no cost,  to help facilitate the following review. However, the opinions in our review are honest and our own.

If you are anything like me, you love garden fresh vegetables or fruit ripe and hand-picked at their absolute best. There are two problems that I face, one is that my green-thumb needs a lot of work and the second is our climate only allows a few months for a growing season. This is why I was excited when we got the chance to try Tasti-Lee brand tomatoes. Tomatoes are my absolute favorite snack in the summer and I anxiously have to wait until the next season to get my fix. Many of the store brand varieties are sub-par when it comes to freshness or the ability to stay firm while they undergo the knife. 

Tasty-Lee brand was visually different than anything that I had ever encountered. This gave me high hopes that these were going to be top of the line produce. Tasty-Lee is a new, naturally-developed vine-ripened tomato, and that is exactly what they tasted like. These were some of the freshest tomatoes I have ever had the pleasure of putting in my mouth. A close second would be our very experienced neighbor who has the secret green thumb to growing very good tomatoes. I have always been envious of our neighbor for his secrets. With the option of being able to buy Tasti-Lee is the store, I am now in heaven. I no longer have to rely on the short growing season or our neighbor. 

Mind you our neighbor is almost 80 years old, and as healthy as an ox. I know that vegetables are good for you and I know that tomatoes possess specific qualities that help improve you health too. I am wondering if the fact that he is a "Mater Muncher" like me has a lot to do with his health. The Tasti-Lee variety helps bring significant improvements to health, as it contains high Lycopene, specifically up to 50% more than regular varieties. 

Each year we plant at least five different varieties of tomatoes to the delight of our neighbor, he loves having his ego stroked when he comes out each morning to compare gardens. Tasti-Lee's brand beat ours out in looks, size, and most importantly taste. As I stated before I am a self proclaimed "Mater Muncher", if a tomato is in the house-you can bet I am slicing it up to eat it. These tomatoes were the firmest and juiciest to date. Sorry Morgull {our neighbor} but they really are top notch.

I was impressed that the size of these tomatoes were, dare I say perfect. Depending on how thick you like your slices, you can easily get 4-8 slices per tomato. The first tomato I munched, I only sprinkled with salt. DELICIOUS and REFRESHING!

The next tomoto was paired up with some fresh mozzarella. Simple yet so mouthwatering! Have I mentioned that these tomatoes did not last long, I ate three just during the picture taking process.

The rest of the tomato's are going to garnish our Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow afternoon. Or at least they will if I don't get hungry in the night. These tomato's are designed to have a longer shelf life. Even after a week on the counter they were no different than when they had first been delivered. 


If you would like to learn more about Tasti-Lee or want to keep up to date you can head over to their website. Be sure to check out how you can snag a money saving coupon for Tasti-Lee brand tomato's.

Connect with them on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, or Youtube.




**Our Wolves Den is an affiliate for one or more of the products listed or banners seen on throughout this site. If a product review is written I have either received the product free for compensation for writing the post & reviewing the product, or I received compensation in monetary form for the post. Regardless of that fact Our Wolves Den genuinely expresses our OWN opinions 100%. Our Wolves Den is disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” **

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! We love tomatoes, too! Ours always get eaten by birds, though! haha We're hoping to have better luck now that we've moved. In the meantime, I'm going to check these out! They sounds so good!

serena said...

I really don't like tomatoes but these look pretty good

Post a Comment