I know it is way to soon but

I have been doing a bunch of thinking. After having Michael back in the beginning of September, it seems that because I know he will be my last and there is a 10 year difference between him and my next oldest child, everything so much more dire when it comes to his education.

I have homeschooled my kids and two out of three have been attending public school this year. Let me say I am NOT at all pleased with what has happened to our school system and how they teach the kids these days. I have joined the PTA for both schools ( I have one in grade school and one in middle school) and also represent each of these schools at the district level. I was surprised to see the lack of parent involvement in their childrens education.

Anyhow, with Michael I have been tossing around the idea of trying something new. (And yes I am debating on homeschooling my others again) But I am trying to stay focused here at 3:00 am. You see I am actually losing sleep over all the worries I have for my kids.

When I homeschooled my other kids, it was just the normal workbooks,lessons,field trips,etc. But this time around I want to try harder and teach more. I want to give Michael a better start then I did with my others (mothers guilt coming on here).

I have been looking for ideas as how to approach this and have read some interesting information on Montessouri Method. I have been glued to some blogs I came across and was amazed at the creativity that these women had for making their own learning reasources.

Who knows if anyone pays any attention to my blog or not BUT if someone does and has any pointers on how to go about doing this. Or any ideas that worked or even didn't work for them I would love to hear about them.

As time goes on I may post things I come across so that at a latter date I can come back and sift through ideas so they don't get forgotten.

2 comments:

Gerky said...

I used to work for a MOntessori preschool school and was offered the directorship at an actual Montessori primary school when I was younger...pre-child. I can't think of much I don't like about the Montessori Method. I love the independence and practical application it gives the kids. There are several free Montessori websites that has every idea under the sun. It is a amazing what you can "make due with" (in regards to materials) with items found at home. No need to purchase the high priced items.

I couldn't pull it off 100% in our homeschool because I am not nearly organized enough and fly by the seat of my pants way too much but I find that I do use some MOntessori ideas throughout the year.

You have time to get your ducks in a row but really can start earlier than you think. Good luck!

Danelle said...

Thank you so much for your comments. It makes me feel more comfortable with my decision. The more I research the more I realize that there is alot of do it yourself ways of doing it with little to no cost.

Post a Comment