Part 1: Of my thoughts on someones post...

First this is a response to what I read here.


I had to think long and hard about what I thought about this post. It was a bit of a difficult one to put into words. There are many topics that I can get emotional about or have very strong opinions one way or another. This post skimmed the surface of one of them.

I believe that "Freedom" in all its definitions has been dead for a long time now. It no longer represents what it originally was supposed too. At least I no longer think it does.

I believe it has always been human nature to "shirk" responsibility that seems to be to much for us to handle. Which I believe is why government came into existence. Back then I would think that people wanted not to be bothered and allowed one person or a few people to speak for them. Not realizing that those elected would have their own personal thoughts and speak those instead of the "people as a whole". But it worked out because we could then place blame on someone else and not take responsibility. Feeling blameless seems to be a key factor in alot of things. We are all guilty of this in one way or another.

I can sit back in the comforts of my living room and complain until I am blue in the face about how things in the world have gone wrong. How this politician is wrong or right, how the president should have or shouldn't have done this or that, etc. BUT even I shirk the responsibility because I do nothing about it.

And now we are a nation where it has gotten so out of control that everyone is scared to even do anything. Take for example the fighter that innocently answered a question a TV reporter had asked about who he would like to fight next in the ring. His reply? The president. Now honestly, I thought yeah great answer. But what I heard next in the news report sent me reeling. The innocent remark that the fighter had made turned into a secret service event!! I mean seriously what idiot actually thought that was a threat. Yes, I mean idiot-the guy didn't say he was going to fight him or even hint at an attack, his only answered a question.

So we are now a nation that no longer has freedom of speech. We have to almost "edit" everything we say before we say it. It has become a fiasco as to what we have become. I am almost embarrassed by it all. No, I am embarrassed at times to be part of what was supposed to be a great nation.

We a nation that is a bleeding heart. Yes, I do think that we should help out other countries if we can. But we should not be feeding other counties when people in our own are left to die of starvation. We should not be allowing illegal aliens the chance at a great future when legal citizens are left to scrape by on almost nothing. We have made so many special allowances for people that shouldn't even be here. If you can not read, talk, or write English that is alright because we will find someone to cater to your needs. Hey, you don't like our holidays, that is fine to because we will tell the kids not to celebrate or make any reference to them in our schools.

We should not be sending our troops to fight in a war that has nothing to do with us. America I believe has become a bully when it comes to sticking its nose in where it never belonged. We go and destroy a town or country but then when all is said and done we also rebuild for them at our own cost. Why are we not focusing on America's issues and fighting for our own people? Where are the organizations (other than the under-profited local food shelves) asking for the small donation to sponsor the American children??

Are we honestly thinking that American children are all healthy and wealthy?? Are we blind to what is really occurring in our nation or are we aware of only some things and then shift the blame off on someone else??

I can list more "Freedoms" that we no longer have then list "Freedoms" that are still intact and being enforced. I believe our nation died out as a whole the second that those "Freedoms" died.

This is only part one of my rant- I need to settle my thoughts before I continue on. Now mind you I am not even touching on the school issue (at least not yet) because that is an issue that I am very passionate about and will lead to a huge debate.

What are your thoughts. Do you think we are a nation that is wonderful? One that has fallen apart? Can we go back at this point and set things straight? I would love to hear ideas and personal thoughts on some of this.

Again this post was sparked off of what I read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment