Valentine's Day Ideas

February is fast approaching and I am not even over the December Christmas Chaos yet. I realized today that I need to start planning for Valentines Day. The kids love to have an over abundance of activities and with the new baby in the house, I would like to have some stuff that I can fall back on in later years.



I would like to put together a sensory box. My ideas on this is a bit different than ones I have seen online. We have limited space so the idea of using anything bigger than a plastic shoebox would be out of the question. Before Christmas I picked up a few shoebox sized plastic containers. Luckily one of them had a pink lid so that is the one I will be using. I wish I could use bigger containers but we just do not have the room for that. I plan on using colored rice for the main filling.

We have been experimenting with coloring rice since I came across the idea for these sensory boxes. The kids have loved doing the activity so I will have the older ones color some rice (red, pink, and maybe some other pastel colors). I have no clue yet as to what we will put into it. I know I have some small heart cookie cutters but beyond that I will have to scavenge around and see what i can find.




I am also looking to do a few counting trays. Now I have not decided on the activities that will go along with that, but hope to have some ideas within the next few days. I am positive those candy hearts will be used for one of those activities.

Recipies and crafts are going to be another area I am gonna hit. But again because I am in preplanning stages I have no idea what they will be.

Stay tuned for a long in depth post of ideas we will be doing for Valentines Day. Maybe someone will be inspired to do some of them to and share what and how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment