Happy Holidays??!!

I swear it was just yesterday we were putting the Thanksgiving turkey in the oven. I am so confused as to where time went. This is the first time (3:30am) I have been able to sit and have a little "me time" so I thought I would catch up on my posting. I am sitting and reflecting on the past year and can not believe we made it through or even how we survived!

I should have known this year would be a roller coaster, when it starts out with getting married! After having the belief of not getting married till I was positive I would never get a divorce (weird huh, I had three kids with a man I spent over 10 years with,but not the one I married) and now while in my ummmm......mid 30's I did it. Which I know is the best thing he loves my kids like they were his own and I love his as if they were mine. What I was not prepared for was that after the wedding having his three children (and two grandchildren) move in! Yep I became instant grandma to boot!!!!!!

Well, we somehow got through all the transition and then God decided "Hey lets add one more, you don't have enough stress!" So Michael was born this past September. Which was a difficult pill to swallow since the youngest i had at the time was 10 years old, I thought I was done with having kids.

Now, I have been dealing with a new holiday experience- I am lovingly and obsessively wrapping presents that I know will be unwrapped and ripped within seconds. Why do I even bother? That is what I want to know. These kids wouldn't care if I came out with a black hefty bag each and just said "Here Ya Go" It sure would make clean up easier if I did that. But no, I have to make sure each package is wrapped perfectly!

I have been going through a baking frenzy because I am not used to having grandparents involved, it used to be just me and my kids so it was simpler back then. My kids father nor any of his family has not seen the kids for about nine years now. And I only have my father left (whom had a heart attack this past year and is also living with us!) So having my husbands family is proving to be a huge adjustment that I am just becoming aware of.

Did I mention that we began the year in a two bedroom apartment and that I had to take on another apartment in the building to house everyone. (You know there is that occupancy law thingy!) So now we have twice the bills and seriously no extra money to move to a small home (which is my goal and dream now). How in the world did we survive this year and how was I able to get any presents for the kids? It really is mind boggling to me.

Alright enough with my life, (Boring huh?)

I have a huge stack of books to get through (ummm not happening - not this year) On my reading pile is the following

The Returners by Gemma Malley (ARC- I won a box of selected books and recieved them this week)
Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris ( I have been hearing that it is a good series so thought I would check it out)
Eye of the Wolf by Margaret Coel
The Likeness by Tana French
Tomb of the Golden Bird by Elizabeth Peters
Written in Bone by Simon Beckett
Dare to Take Charge by Glenda Hatchett (another giveaway win)
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (another giveaway win)
Voices of the Faithful ( Devotions for every day of the year) by Beth Moore & Friends (reading to give a review)
The Summit Faith Beyond Everest's Death Zone by Eric Alexander (another giveaway win)

Meow & the pots and pans by Sebastien Braun
Library Mouse A Friends Tale by Daniel Kirk
Meeow and the Big Box by Sebastien Braun
1,2 Buckle my Shoe by Anna Grossnickle Hines
Giggle Giggle Quack by Doreen Cronin
I am the best by Lucy Cousins
Library Mouse by Daniel Kirk

Yep those last few are the books my older kids thought I could read to the baby. I do have to say for three months he does seem to love books!

And then I have the following to review for E-Books:

ABC is for Circus (chunky book) by Patrick Hruby
Christmas Stories for Bedtime by Renae Brumbaugh
Cooking from the Garden
B is for Bufflehead by Steve Hutchcraft (This is a beautiful book and not just a ABC book. It is really wonderful!!)(Done)
Grilled Cheese Please by Laura Werlin
Kids Bible Questions & Answers by Ed Strauss
Kids Guide to Bible Animals by Jane Landreth
Puppet Play by Diana Schoenbrun (This looks like it is gonna be a fun one!)
That is Priceless by Steven Melcher
Women of the Bible
Zombie Cupcakes by Zilly Rosen (Amazing cupcakes I am hoping to try it for next Halloween or maybe just for fun)(Done)
Rugged & Relentless ( Husbands for Hire Book One) by Kelley Eileen Hake
The Complete Visual Bible by Stephen Miller

Can you tell I am almost obsessed with reading in this family. I really believe that the schools (which is one reason I homeschool) and families have let reading fall to the wayside and that it is not important anymore. I am going to make sure that it does not happen in this family!

No comments:

Post a Comment